Spending money at Walt Disney World is incredibly easy. From souvenirs to dining, park tickets and everything in between, your budget is being stretched to places that you may not be comfortable with.
This is a down-to-earth conversation about something that I’ve done multiple times, and that’s where you can eat your bag lunch in the theme parks.
Best Disney World Quick Service Restaurants to Eat Your Picnic Lunch
Starting out with a few pointers:
- “Picnic” or “Bag lunch” could involve everything from pre-purchased lunch boxes from Starbucks (huge fan btw) to sandwiches from places like Earl of Sandwich and everything in between
- The list will include locations with primarily larger seating area where you’re not going to get “evil looks” from folks who bought from that restaurant.
- I’m also going to try to list spots that are air-conditioned
- Pecos Bills (Indoor)
- Tomorrowland Terrace (Covered)
- Tortuga Tavern (Indoor)
- Sunshine Seasons (Indoor)
- Electric Umbrella (Indoor)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Pizzafari (Indoor)
- Flame Tree Barbecue (Outdoor – Covered)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Backlot Express (Indoor & Outdoor)
- ABC Commissary (off-peak times only)
Article Continues Below
Oh, in case you’re asking…there are restaurants that are the worst for finding a table to eat OR just get a spot to relax for a little bit.
The WORST Disney World Quick Service Restaurants to Eat Your Picnic Lunch
- Magic Kingdom = Cosmic Rays (crowds)
- EPCOT = World Showcase restaurants (outdoor with evil birds that like to steal food)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom = Satuli Canteen and Restaurantosaurus (crowds)
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios = PizzeRizzo (Seasonal Indoors) and Rosie’s All-American Cafe (outdoors with crowds from Tower of Terror & Rock n Rollercoaster families who don’t want to ride the attraction)
As you can tell by the list, my goal was to provide you with locations that I’ve actually used to get out of the heat and enjoy my lunch without really stressing about finding a seat & table. There are a ton of locations that are hit or miss, but as you’re wandering throughout the parks in the morning you can seek out spots that will be pleasant.
Hope this helps with your Disney World vacation planning! I’ll update this list as locations become available or unavailable:)