One of the most underrated holidays at Walt Disney World is Valentine’s Day!
Mostly due to the fact that kids are in school and February is traditionally a slower month by way of crowds. It’s also a time when most of the attractions are either under refurbishment or aren’t running at full capacity, which allows for the parks to gear up for March break and then the summer.
That being said, let’s dive into a few of the options for spending the holiday of cupids and roses that are 200% more expensive than last week!
How to spend Valentine’s Day at Walt Disney World
Valentine’s Day is a traditional ‘Hallmark’ holiday, where consumerism has attached itself to a date which has become something where you have to buy stuff to show how much you care about someone. We don’t subscribe to the feeling that you need to show your love by buying things. Instead, we focus on the experiences and the opportunity to spend time with the people that you care about.
That being said…
When you’re in Walt Disney World…dreams can completely come true!
- First thing we did was check out the Extra Magic Hours schedule on the DisneyWorld.com website and then link it with our TouringPlans crowd calendar.
- Get an ADR at a resort, as they provide the best opportunity to get “away” from the crowds.
- Plan a nap…you’ll thank me! Long days are difficult to enjoy without having a change of clothes, shower and power nap!
- Do something that shows how much you value the time of your significant other…usually an activity that’s just the two of you.
- Have fun and do things off-the-beaten path!
Valentine’s Day Activities and Events at Disney World
There are a ton of special Walt Disney World activities that are focused on this special day and we’ll do a quick breakdown.
- Goofy Candy Company & Candy Cauldron – Special Valentine’s Day Treats
- Karamell-Kuche @ Germany Pavilion at EPCOT – Covered Strawberries
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Special Themed Cupcakes
Any of the Signature Dining Locations are amazing, and they are all providing a lil “Extra Magic” for a special night. If this is what you’re looking for, reach out to the Disney Dining Line at 407-WDW-DINE for options!
Looking for someone to Babysit? Remember that Walt Disney World has child-care centres and in-room babysitters…so why not!
Every year Disney’s team that looks after the Disney Pins bring out a specialty Limited Edition options, so be sure to check the daily park schedule to see where they’re being sold in each park.
There’s also a full section on the Disney Floral and Gifts website dedicated to Valentines Day!
Disney PhotoPass photographers are just itching at the opportunity to provide some magic with fun photos.
Oh, and kissing photos are overrated…and something that you really don’t want to share on social media – so be creative! If the photographer suggests one of those, always get a few other cheesy poses and you’ll be happier later when you’re going through your options to post on Facebook!
Steps To Magic EXCLUSIVE ideas
Let your partner win. It’s a better story to tell!
WALK FROM DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS TO EPCOT
The path is such an amazing walk!
HUG A PLUSH
Great photo ops that you’ll cherish!
INITIALS IN THE SAND
Just do it…because nothing says cheesy like Disney Sand!
and saving the best for last…..
GIVE OUT VALENTINE’S DAY CARDS DURING YOUR MEET AND GREET FASTPASS+ RESERVATIONS!
This was by far one of the coolest things that we’ve ever done and the characters were completely shocked and surprised when we gave them hand-written valentines!
Did we miss anything? Share your ideas with us over on our Facebook page!