Let’s be real. The goal of a trip to Walt Disney World is all about having fun and sharing those memories with your friends and family.
2018 vs 1994 is where we get into the changes of technology, as I remember going to Disneyland armed with my disposal cameras and didn’t know what photos I took until getting to a local photo developing store a week after my trip.
My how things have changed!
Disney has recognized that the goal for families is to share everything digitally, and the last thing that you want to do is have someone missing from the photo because they’re behind the camera. This is where Disney’s Photopass service comes into play.
Disney’s Photopass allows everyone to get in the photo while a Photopass Photographer captures the memories.
For everyone who doesn’t know, you can purchase Memory Maker, which allows you to have all the Photopass “Media” (ie photos, videos, on-ride, etc) available digitally for you to download, edit and share. The price is usually around $200, with an advance purchase price that saves you around $30 if you buy it 3 days before you intend to use it.
The bonus is that Photopass Photographers will also use YOUR camera if you’d like, so you never feel pressured into purchasing Memory Maker.
Now we get into the good stuff! Where should you get your photo’s taken?
Must Visit Photo Locations to make it worth your money!
Top 5 Magic Kingdom Photos
- Plaza Gardens in front of Cinderella’s Castle
- Cinderella’s Castle from beyond the Liberty Square Bridge (beside Sleepy Hallow)
- Meeting Mickey at Town Square Theatre (FastPass Recommended)
- Splash Mountain on-ride photo
- Tangled Washroom Lantern photo
Article Continues Below
Top 5 EPCOT Photos
- Main Entrance
- EPCOT Character Spot with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy
- World Showcase Icons (Eiffle Tower, Morocco, etc)
- Meeting Princesses around the World Showcase
- Test Track on-ride photo
Top 5 Disney’s Hollywood Studios Photos
- Sunset Blvd with the Tower of Terror in the background
- Hollywood Blvd
- Rock ‘n Rollercoaster on-ride photo
- Tower of Terror on-ride photo
- Character Meeting (Mickey/Minnie/Olaf/Seasonal Character)
Article Continues Below
Top 5 Disney’s Animal Kingdom Photos
- Tree of Life while entering Discovery Island
- Expedition Everest from the Bridge from Dinoland USA
- Avatar with Floating Mountains
- Expedition Everest on-ride photo
- Dinosaur on-ride photo
Additional meet & greets of some of your favorite Disney characters around each of the parks. Check your daily schedule or the My Disney Experience app for up-to-date times and locations!