When you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you’ve got a few options to get to Walt Disney World. From ride-sharing to taxis and shuttle buses, nothing has more magic associated with it from a fan-perspective than Disney’s Magical Express.
THERE IS NO MORE DISNEY’S MAGICAL EXPRESS
If you’re on this article, it’s important for you to be updated with the current Disney World.
It’s a land of change and charges. If it was free before, there’s a chance that the company has found a way to charge for it.
- FastPass+ is now Disney Genie+
- Disney World Annual Passes are now individual levels of cost, when they eventually come back on sale.
- Park reservations are a thing, which means that you don’t have the flexibility of showing up to the Magic Kingdom without a “reservation”.
And then there’s Disney’s Magical Express.
Introducing Mears Connect
As Disney no longer offers complementary shuttles for resort guests from MCO Orlando International Airport to Walt Disney World Resort, Mears has contracted with Disney to continue a pay-per-ride service that services the resorts.
The MearsConnect.com website will give you all the information, but here’s the basic breakdown.
- It’s not free anymore
- You’ll need to reserve the service online
- The shuttles (or coaches, as Mears call them) are “safe and reliable”, but can also be shared with others who are not going to your destination. Time is money while you’re on vacation.
With so much on your plate, knowing that there are ways to cut down on the stress and extend your budget with services that could be cheaper – so maybe it’s worth checking out UBER / LYFT.