When you’re talking about Disney World, it’s important to know that each theme park is unique and completely different on many levels. One of the ways that I’ve seen folks differentiate the parks is by the actual number of rides.
- Is it the right way to judge a park’s enjoyment and excitement?
- Do you want to ride the most rides in a day?
- Quality over Quantity?
Let’s Breakdown which Theme Park at Walt Disney World has the Most Rides
WALT DISNEY WORLD BY THE NUMBERS
- Magic Kingdom = 23 Rides
- EPCOT = 9 Rides
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom = 8 Rides
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios = 6 Rides
Article Continues Below
MAGIC KINGDOM RIDES
On top of the sheer number of rides, the Magic Kingdom has the most number of iconic experiences that folks can name when they think about Walt Disney World.
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Haunted Mansion
- it’s a small world
- Jungle Cruise
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Tron Lightcycle Power Run Coaster (2021)
When you’re thinking about EPCOT, it’s usually about food and events…and maybe a couple of attractions! Looking at the numbers will probably make you rethink the idea of trying to rush through the experiences;)
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: Space
- Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster (2021)
- Ratatouille The Adventure (2021)
DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM
Imagine a park that’s a must-see full-day park in 2020 and then step back a little more than 20 years and realize that Disney’s Animal Kingdom park opened April 22nd, 1998 with only two of these rides (Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safaris).
Since that day though, there’s been a nice influx of quality experiences that add value to the entire family!
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Na’vi River Journey
- Primeval Whirl
- TriceraTop Spin
- Wildlife Express Train
Article Continues Below
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Are numbers a good judge of the overall experience? Nope!
But they tell a part of the story that is an important part of a day at a Disney theme park. When you add in the shows, live entertainment, 3D movies and character encounters…that’s where the real memories come together for your memorable Disney World vacation!