From rain to air conditioning, the idea of spending time indoors in the Magic Kingdom is a huge part of trip planning. You should know exactly where you can escape the elements and recharge.
The Best Magic Kingdom Indoor Attractions To Escape the Elements
Main Street USA
Most folks would jump over Main Street USA when thinking about indoor attractions, but you’re actually able to spend a decent amount of time indoors in this area.
- Meeting Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre
- Shopping in the Emporium
- Getting Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom cards from the Fire House
When you’re walking from Cinderella Castle to the left, you’re going to hit Adventureland first. Most of the major attractions are indoor or “covered”, but it’ll be up to you to decide where to hide!
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Fully indoor
- Jungle Cruise – Covered queue line and covered boats
- Enchanted Tiki Room – Covered queue line and indoor show
Article Continues Below
Out of all the lands, you’ll probably want to avoid this area of the park if you’re looking for indoor experiences.
- Country Bear Jamboree – Fully indoor
- Frontierland Shooting Gallery – Covered area
100% of the experiences are indoor or covered, but you’re not going to be alone if you’re thinking about hitting up this land.
- Haunted Mansion – Covered queue line and indoor attraction
- Hall of Presidents – Fully indoor experience
- Liberty Square Riverboat – The boat has covered areas on the decks
- Momento Mori – Best shop in Walt Disney World!
- Columbia Harbour House – Awesome quick service restaurant with plenty of seating
Although most of the experiences are indoor, it’s also one of the busiest lands in the parks at all times. Be prepared to be stuck with families and a lot of crying guests!
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Fully indoor experience
- it’s a Small World – Fully indoor experience
- Mickey’s Philharmagic – Fully indoor show
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Princess Fairytale Hall – Character meet & greet indoors
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel – Covered experience
Although on paper, New Fantasyland is perfect to ride out the weather…it’s actually one of the hardest to maneuver due to the sheer size and how far away everything is.
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – Outdoor queue with indoor show
- Be Our Guest – Outdoor queue with a large indoor restaurant (if you have an Advanced Dining Reservation)
- Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid – Indoor/Outdoor queue with an indoor attraction.
- Meeting Ariel – Indoor meet & greet
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow – Indoor meet & greet
There’s only one experience that is fully outdoors with no covering, with the Astro Orbiter being up on the 3rd floor of the same building that houses the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and The Lunching Pad.
- Space Mountain – Fully indoor experience
- Buzz Lightyear Spin – Fully indoor experience
- Monsters INC Laugh floor – Fully indoor show
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority – covered experience
Article Continues Below
Magic Kingdom Indoor Attraction Recommendations
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Columbia Harbour House
- Be Our Guest
- Pecos Bills (Frontierland)
Hope this was helpful! If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them with me over on instagram @SteptoMagic!