When you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World, you should know about the best spots to get out of the Florida heat and scorching sun!
Here are the Best Places to find Air Conditioning at Disney World
Each theme park has a unique Guest Relations indoor area, but the best one BY FAR is the Welcome Center at Disney Springs! From the free ice water to a FuelRod exchange location, this is a must-visit if you’re looking to soak in cool breezes in really comfy couches and chairs!
QUICK SERVICE LOCATIONS
There are a number of Quick Service restaurants that provide a spot for you to find a table, break out the wifi and check out what’s next for you in the most magical place on Earth!
Best Quick Service Restaurants for this are:
- Pizzafari @ Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Electric Umbrella @ EPCOT Future World
- Sunshine Seasons @EPCOT’s Land Pavilion
- Tortuga Tavern (Seasonal Restaurant) @ Magic Kingdom in Adventureland
- The Pinocchio Village Haus @ Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland
- PizzeRizzo or Backlot Express @ Disney’s Hollywood Studios
I was going to list each and every single attraction separately, but the idea is to find an experience that you can either “walk up” to without a FastPass+ reservation and grab a seat for an indoor show for an extended period of time.
- Carousel of Progress
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Country Bear Jamboree
- American Adventure
- O Canada (No seats, just leaning rails)
- Impressions de France
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- MuppetVision 3D
- Beauty & The Beast on stage (Covered area, not indoors)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Finding Nemo: The Musical
- Up! A Great Bird Adventure Show (Covered area, not indoors)
- It’s Tough to be a Bug
Some of my favorite spots to soak up some A/C are the shops that I can spend around 5-10 minutes in without struggling too much. I know that you’ll think about the big retail areas, but there are some hidden spots that I just love to visit!
- Briar Patch @ Splash Mountain
- Big Top Souvenirs @ Fantasyland
- MouseGear in Future World
- Northwest Mercantile in Canada Pavilion
- Anywhere in the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Ok, by this point…you’re seeing a pattern. Basically, any pavilion in the World Showcase will offer an air conditioned retail shop to get out of the heat:)
- Windtraders in Pandora: The World of Avatar
- Disney Outfitters (Great Pin Trading too!)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Tower Merchandise (Home of #BellhopStitch)
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Stage 1 Company Store (Muppets)
Hope this helps with your Disney Vacation planning! If you’re ever looking for great air conditioning spots…look for the nearest Cast Member and ask:) They’ll point you to a spot that you may not have even thought about!