When you walk through the turnstiles of Islands of Adventure, there are a number of experiences that top of mind. From the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to Jurassic Park and everything in between…you’re going to be in awe of a coaster that you just can’t help but notice.
In fact, it’s the first attraction that you see when you walk into the park!
Fun Facts about The Incredible Hulk Coaster
Area – Marvel Island
Opening Date – May 27th, 1999
Attraction – Steel/Launched B&M Coaster
Vehicle Type – Sitting coaster car (custom)
Duration – 1:15
FUN FACTS BY THE NUMBERS
- The launch is 150ft and reaches a top speed of 67mph
- Seven inversions
- Two subterranean trenches
- Capacity is 1920 riders per hour
When you’re going on an outdoor coaster, the storyline is as much about the queue line as the actual attraction itself. This means that from the very moment that you step foot in the area, it’s game-on with hints about what you’re going to find inside.
Basically, you’re being placed into a scientific experiment which is lead by General Thaddeus Ross, a character in the Marvel universe who’s the archenemy of The Hulk (and is also the father-in-law of Dr Bruce Banner).
TRIP PLANNING ADVICE
With the addition of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade, crowds that begin at Islands of Adventure usually end up turning right to Seussland instead of going left to Marvel Superhero Island.
Depending on your priorities, to-do list, and whether you have purchased Universal Express Pass…there are so many ways to experience the Incredible Hulk coaster!
Related Article: 10 Things To Know About Universal Orlando Before You Go
SINGLE RIDER LINE
Each train has a total of 32 seats, with 4 passenger per row and 8 rows per car. This means that the opportunity to get through the Single Rider Line could be done in record time!
All you have to do is go through the Single Ride Line entrance, knowing that you’re going to be split up from your group. If this isn’t an issue, then you’re good to go.
When the latest iteration of the Hulk Coaster opened in 2016, they added a pretty epic marquee to the attraction. The Universal Orlando Blog put an article up with a few fun facts, but the best ones are these ones:
- The two tracks the new figure is holding are actual pieces of track from the previous incarnation of The Incredible Hulk Coaster.
- The specific units of the track used for the marquee are EL 53, 54 and 55.
- The Hulk figure stands 13 feet tall.
- The marquee weighs more than 20,000 lbs.
- The figure of the Hulk and the coaster train car are made from steel and fiberglass.
- The eyes on the figure are the final piece of the installation – only being added once the figure is in place. They’re painted last so that we can see what the figure is looking at and adjust as needed for the best effect.
- The marquee was designed by Greg Hall, attraction designer with Universal Creative.
Hope this was helpful in preparing for your day at the Islands of Adventure theme park at Universal Orlando Resort!