Being a vegetarian at Disney World is becoming easier every year with more and more restaurants catering to dietary restrictions and with Disney bringing out the Plant-Based menu items!
Most folks who visit a regional theme park in their hometowns may be subjected to a basic veggie burger or sad salad, thankfully the chefs at Walt Disney World have risen to the occasion and have provided an exceptional food experience for vegetarians!
Just a note, this article is taking into account restaurants that we have actually dined at. This list will evolve more as we explore the parks more. We are also not taking into account the other dietary restrictions, and always recommend that you check directly with the restaurant and other online sources by googling “Disney Food for ________”
The Best Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurants at Disney World
Character Meal that doesn’t focus on American-style cuisine, which allows for more flexibility with sauces and spices. Any place where you can get curry and cornbread on the same plate is A-OK!
Another buffet, but this is a completely different experience! Your chef will personally escort you through their lineup of food that evening and provide you with the do’s and don’ts when you’re thinking of building your perfect plate! The flavors here will 100% not disappoint you.
Cinderella’s Royal Table
It’s hard to beat Cinderella’s Royal Table when it comes to dining. The seasonal gnocchi is flavorful and big enough that you’ll want to eat more…but remember that dessert is just around the corner.
PS if you do feel full after the main course (and you will), don’t be afraid to ask for your dessert to go. We did, and the only items that they couldn’t pack up was the ice cream;)
An entire vegetarian menu awaits you! Seriously…it’s impressive!
Be Our Guest (Table Service Dinner)
Once again, the idea of dining in the Magic Kingdom coupled with a castle is a recipe for a memorable experience. We’ve dined at Be Our Guest many times for lunch, but the dinner is completely unique due to the quality of the ratatouille and the Master’s Cupcake!
Honorable Mention – Victoria & Alberts (Our Review)
Article Continues Below
Before we get into the list, a moment of silence for the Columbia Harbour House and their loss of the Lighthouse Sandwich. It will be missed:) #GoneButNotForgotten – Okay, maybe it’s back. I can’t put it back on the list because it was gone and then returned…so just double check and you may be in for a great surprise!
Hands down, the best quick service for vegetarians at Walt Disney World. If you want to eat healthy, the bowl gives you crispy fried tofu and your choice of 3 bases and 3 sauces…plenty of repeatability without even mentioning the curry pods!
Disney Springs Food Trucks
When you think about flexibility and adaptability, you should look at Food Trucks!
Disney Springs has started to enhance their permanent dining locations with unique and exciting cuisine options, including Tacos and Mac & Cheese!
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
There’s no words to describe the feeling that you get as you’re biting into the brie and apple sandwich. Seriously, we’ve tried! It’s that good
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
At first, I was hesitent. Having so much bad falafal in my life, I crossed my fingers and bit into something that may be the best burger on property! The addition of a side of tzatziki on the side just worked wonders.
Ok, let’s be honest. This is a chain restaurant that has the science of pizza-making down to an art, but there’s an element that you’ll have to keep an eye out when you’re preparing your pie. The staff aren’t required to change their gloves between handling meat and veggies, so our recommendation is to ask while you’re placing your order if someone can accommodate your request. They make thousands of pizzas a day, so it’s not really a big deal if you ask at the right time.
BUT the pizza is definitely worth it! The cost to make your own pie is reasonable and will give you something to write home about!
Article Continues Below
Always remember these 5 tips when you’re thinking about dining at a Disney Restaurant on property
- If you are making an Advanced Dining Reservation, select “other” in the dietary restrictions. This notifies the server and the chef that you’ll be looking for advice and alternatives.
- If nothing appeals to you on the menu, ask! You’ll be surprised at how many chefs are looking for an opportunity to shine.
- Buffets & Characters Meals are a great way to use dining table service dining credits, but our recommendation is to stay away from “american-style” food (1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey’s) because there are limited options available.
- Disney’s official website provides a look at the menu for specific dining locations, including Quick Service! This is honestly the best way that we found to create a basic plan before getting to the parks.
- And finally, don’t call the regular Disney Dining hotline (ie the Disney Reservation Center) and ask questions about restaurants and menu items. They go off the same information that’s available on the official website. If you have questions, you can send an email to Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com and they’ll respond to your individual inquiry.
The main reason why this article is important is quite simple:
Disney’s got options for vegetarians and the food is surprisingly good!