Walt Disney World Refurbishments and Closures
Imagine planning your dream trip to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando and walking up to find a construction wall with a notice that your favorite attraction is undergoing refurbishment or even worse…has closed! We’ve compiled a list of rehab schedules that you can expect in the coming weeks and months. In addition, we’ve also put together a list of the permanent closures of attractions, stores and restaurants.
Remember that not all closures are scheduled, as things happen from time to time and it’s not worth stressing over!
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure – Closed August 13th, 2017
- The Circle of Life – Closed on January 24th, 2018
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – Closed on October 1st, 2019
- Club Cool, Innoventions, EPCOT Character Spot and Pin Central – Closed on Sept 8th, 2019
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Great Movie Ride – closed August 13th, 2017
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe – Closed August 2nd, 2017
- DisneyQuest – Closed 7/3/2017 to become NBA Experience
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil – Closed 12/31/2017
Article Continues Below
Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Blizzard Beach Water Park
Annual Seasonal Closures
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Closes January through March for seasonal refurbishment
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach: Closes October through January for seasonal refurbishment
- Jungle Cruise: Closes late Oct./early Nov. for holiday overlay installation; early January for holiday overlay removal
- Splash Mountain: Usually closes early January for seasonal refurbishment
- SEASONAL: The location only opens during peak periods of attendance. Check Guest Relations and Park Guide maps for specific operating times.
- REHAB: The attraction is closed for routine maintenance.
- REFURBISHMENT: The attraction is closed for an extended period for extensive repairs/remodelling.